We welcome your interest in Southington Catholic School and are happy to provide information regarding the admissions process. The best way to learn about the exceptional education offered at SCS is to visit, so we encourage you to contact us to set up an appointment for a tour and an opportunity to obtain additional information. Students of all races, ethnicity, and religions are welcomed at Southington Catholic School and admission is offered to all qualified applicants whose needs can be fully met by the school. We offer tuition assistance to make this exceptional education more affordable for those who qualify for aid, so don’t hesitate to inquire. Financial assistance forms are available ON-LINE at www.factstuitionaid.com.
THE ROAD TO SOUTHINGTON CATHOLIC BEGINS WITH THESE STEPS:
- Schedule a school visit and tour
- Submit an application which is listed under Documents
- Schedule an admissions interview for your child
- Once the child has been accepted, return the completed registration form and accompanying fees
- A $75.00 registration fee is charged for all new students to Southington Catholic as well as a $225.00 non-refundable deposit.
- Verify your active affiliation with a parish (Catholics only)
- Use of weekly envelopes or automatic deposit
- Submit the following required documentation for your child:
- Health records
- Immunization Records
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (Catholics only)
- Report Cards (Grades 1-8)
- Standardized Test results (Grades 1 -8)
- Record of IEP
FAQ's, Frequently Asked Questions
Here is some additional info to help guide you down the road to SCS:
- Southington Catholic adheres to the age of admission for Kindergarten established by the State of Connecticut Department of Education. Children entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years of age by December 31st.
- Students will be conditionally accepted into Kindergarten with full acceptance contingent on displayed readiness on the Kindergarten entrance test.
- Children entering Pre K must be three (3) or four (4) years of age by December 31st.
Pre K 3: 2, 3, and 5 Half Days
Pre k 3: 2, 3, and 5 Full Days
Pre k 4: 2, 3, and 5 Half days
Pre k 4: 2, 3, and 5 Full Days
- At the time of registration, all new students seeking admission to Southington Catholic are evaluated on the basis of current standardized test scores and report cards.
- Students applying for Admission in Grades 1 – 8 must present a copy of the current report card and standardized tests results. These will be reviewed to determine whether the program at Southington Catholic will meet the educational needs of the students.
- Testing in some academic areas may be held for new incoming students in Grades 3-8.
- All new students will be given a trial period of not less than one semester in which to prove himself/herself both socially and academically. If problems arise during this period, it may be determined that Southington Catholic is not the proper environment for the child.
Tuition Payment Options:
- Pay in full by July 31st
- Utilize the FACTS payment plan https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3JMDG
- Options include: Master Card, American Express, Discover, invoicing or automatic withdrawals from checking, savings account.
- Returning students must reserve their spot by paying the tuition deposit each year.
There will be a $25.00 late payment fee for payments made beyond the schedule payment date.
FACTS Tuition Management Service Overview
- There is an annual non-refundable $43.00 administrative fee per family for enrollment in the FACTS program. This fee will be added to your tuition collected by FACTS. Please do not make this payment to the school.
- Your enrollment form to FACTS must be made directly on the FACTS web site.
- All families not selecting the FACTS tuition plan will be expected to make one direct payment to Southington Catholic School no later than July 31st.
- Families must notify the school in writing if a student is withdrawing from the school.
- Registered students who withdraw before the first day of school will forfeit the first tuition payment.
- Tuition reimbursement will be prorated according to monthly payments made.
- Parents must sign a Release of Records form before school records can be transferred to another school.